You are searching about What Are The Basics Of Math, today we will share with you article about What Are The Basics Of Math was compiled and edited by our team from many sources on the internet. Hope this article on the topic What Are The Basics Of Math is useful to you.
The GED Math Test: About the Casio fx-260 Calculator
To do well on the GED math test, it is important to learn how to use the Casio fx-260 calculator, as it is the calculator used for the official General Education Development test. To prepare well for the test, it’s a good idea to practice with this Casio and understand which calculator functions the test expects you to know.
The Casio fx-260 is used for Part 1 of the two-part math test, which covers basic algebra and geometry, data analysis, and basic number operations. Each of the two parts has 25 questions, with 45 minutes of slots, or 90 minutes in total allowed for the entire GED math test. The Casio fx-260 is distributed by the test site center for part 1 of the test and then collected before part 2. Calculators cannot be used for part 2.
About Casio Calculator
The Casio fx-260 is a scientific calculator. It’s more advanced than the simpler or basic calculator models most adults use to balance their checkbooks or add a grocery bill when shopping. Many high school students and even college graduates today are unfamiliar with advanced calculators and the multiple functions of scientific calculators used in today’s technology, scientific fields, and for advanced financial operations. So, calculator skills aren’t just important for GED students; knowledge of scientific calculators is important for anyone engaged in today’s rapidly changing technological society.
Here are some basics to understand about the Casio fx-260:
- Learn the location of the keys.
- Discover the functions performed by the keys.
- Use the ‘On’ button to reset the calculator or to clear the memory.
- How to use the “Clear” and “Clear All” buttons or functions to clear the last number entered or the memory.
- Using 0-9 number keys and basic operation keys for addition, multiplication, subtraction and division.
- Learn the location of the decimal point key, equals and percentages, and how and when each is used.
- Using the ‘Shift’ key — to change other keys to alternate functions.
- How the “Change sign” and “Fraction” keys work and when to use them.
- How the ‘Square’ and ‘Square Root’ keys work and when to use them.
- The ‘Parentheses’ keys are important, since these keys are used to control the order of mathematical operations.
- Understand the keys for raising numbers to another power and for exponentials — ‘EXP’ key — used in scientific notation.
Sound complicated? Of course, and the Casio calculator used for the GED test has additional functions that can be used for very complex mathematical functions.
But do not worry. Although it seems like a lot to learn – and understand – the test only requires basic knowledge and the application of a few functions. And this knowledge will actually help test takers solve the most complicated test problems.
The Casio fx-260 is worth learning about. Understanding goes a long way in reducing “math anxiety” and should improve the final math score on the GED test.
For additional GED study tips and math test tips, test information, and free resources on the GED test, official testing sites, financial aid, and student support, visit http:/ /www.passGED.com. The website also provides links to federal agencies and nonprofit organizations that serve GED students, instructors, correctional students, and workforce development programs.
Video about What Are The Basics Of Math
You can see more content about What Are The Basics Of Math on our youtube channel: Click Here
Question about What Are The Basics Of Math
If you have any questions about What Are The Basics Of Math, please let us know, all your questions or suggestions will help us improve in the following articles!
The article What Are The Basics Of Math was compiled by me and my team from many sources. If you find the article What Are The Basics Of Math helpful to you, please support the team Like or Share!
Rate Articles What Are The Basics Of Math
Rate: 4-5 stars
Search keywords What Are The Basics Of Math
What Are The Basics Of Math
way What Are The Basics Of Math
tutorial What Are The Basics Of Math
What Are The Basics Of Math free
#GED #Math #Test #Casio #fx260 #Calculator